This past week I was in Cambridge, MA for a job interview. These past few weeks I have been interviewing like a mad woman. It seems like interviewing is a right of passage in the business school. After my interview, I stopped by Haute Coffee and enjoyed a vanilla latte. Fall was in the air, and the streets were clean and peaceful.
As we are all trying to get in our bags, I wanted to share 7 tips to help you ace your interview and get the job!
- Research the company and the role. Companies want to know that you know something about where you’re interviewing and why you’re interviewing.
- Look up common interview questions. Glassdoor is a great resource. Even a simple Google search can do wonders for your preparation.
- Have quality questions for the interviewer.
- If you know who you will be interviewing with, look them up on LinkedIn. This will help you ask more guided questions.
- Use the STAR method. Situation, task, action, and most importantly, results.
- Dress the part. Know the culture of the company where you are interviewing, and know how to dress. Usual rule of thumb: no jeans!
- Send a follow up thank you note. I really love this last tip because it goes a long way. Recruiters are working hard and interviewers are busy. Thanking them shows that you are conscientious and a team player.
These are just my favorite tips for interview success. I hope that these tips are helpful.
Go get that job sis!
Let’s Get Grounded!